Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Food for Thought

Sodium Nitrite: 

A preservative that is added to hot dogs to make them taste better, look better and to kill bacteria. I don't know about you but if something that kills bacteria is added to my food I'm not so sure I want it in my body. It's not only in hot dogs, it is also used on bacon and canned meats. Although science isn't sure how much of this chemical a human being can safely consume before being diagnosed with cancer, probably due to unwilling participation in a study of this type by a human being, laboratory mice and rats all became afflicted with cancer after being exposed to huge amounts of this chemical. Bottom line, if you eat these foods, do so in moderation and that's different for everyone. Some people think moderation is once a day and still others think it is once per week. You decide but whatever you do just remember, Eat Well, Be FIT~1FITrd 

No comments:

Post a Comment